Understanding the world of elder law can be daunting but elder-law issues affect every family, large or small, rich or poor.
Legislative changes, tax revisions, changes in Medicare & Medicaid regulations, divorce, remarriage, death of a beneficiary – these are just a few of the issues to consider when making legal, financial and life-planning decisions.
Our clients are:
- The elderly planning for their own needs and those of their heirs
- The adult children of aging parents seeking to support their loved ones
- Conservators with fiduciary responsibility for their client’s affairs
- Banks and financial institutions with guardian responsibilities
- Estate executors
We assist our clients with:
- Aging in place – to live at home with advancing age and/or illness
- Applying for Medicare, Medicaid and other government plans
- Advocating for clients with health care providers and insurance companies
- Applying for guardianship protection
- Protecting income, assets and property
- Assuring health care decisions are honored – through health care proxies, advanced medical directives, and living wills
- Estate planning – to protect legacies by creating trusts and wills.